Monday, March 10, 2014

Ulysses Grant

Ok...time to fess up folks.  My name is NOT Ulysses Grant.  Big surprise, I know!  So why of all the names I could give myself, why, oh why, would I choose Ulysses Grant?  Well it goes a little something like this...

While fucking around with one of those ridiculous quizzes that exist out there in Internet Land, I came across one that asked a series of questions in an effort to determine what U.S. President you would be.  Several silly statements followed which asked the quiz taker to choose from a series of items. Things like:

1.  Choose a type of dog...ummmmm ok?
2.  Choose an ingredient...a what?
3.  Choose how your teachers would describe you...really?
4.  Choose a beverage...NOW you're talkin!
5.  Choose an Olympic Sport...wtf, I hate the Olympics!

Anyhow, you get the point.

Apparently the random answers somehow calculate at the end and determine which President it is that you would most likely be if you were one.  Not only does it tell you the who...but also, it takes the time to drop a little ditty by telling you a bit about yourself!  Very fucking scientific!

So through this little quiz I learned that I am in fact the reincarnated version of Ulysses S. Grant.  I apparently have a rough exterior but am forgiving and kind.  I am apparently a person of high moral standards, I am thoughtful and can see how my own actions impact the "larger scale".  Lastly it added the little fact, or perhaps a note of warning, that indicated ole Ulysses must have been a heavy smoker and the hope was that I would not be following in his footsteps.

I find it all a bit comical actually.  Ulysses is in many ways a good mix of the person I really am, and the person others think I am, with little sprinkler of the person I will never be.  I guess that little sprinkle is where that damn ingredient question came into play.  Damn pepper!

So what aspects of ole Ulysses are like me and which ones are not?  Hmmmm...if you are reading this and TRULY know me, that is fairly easy to figure out.  Few truly know me....the rest of you can just call me Ulysses.

Time for a smoke!


No comments:

Post a Comment